Compliments, Complaints & Feedback

We are always seeking to improve on the quality of education we provide for children with SEND and are keen to hear from parents about their child’s experience.

We would also like your views about the content of our SEND Information Report.

Compliments are always greatly received and can be passed on either directly to staff and the SENDCO, or formally recorded via our regular questionnaires to parents or in the form of a letter to the Head Teacher.  These positive comments will be published on this area of our school website. However, if there should be a concern  the process outlined in the school Complaints Policy should be followed.

The arrangements made by the governing body relating to the treatment of complaints from parents of pupils with special educational needs concerning the provision made at the school

The normal arrangements for the treatment of complaints at Victoria Lane Academy (see Complaints Policy on the school website) are used for complaints about provision made for special educational needs. We encourage parents to discuss their concerns with the class teacher or SENDCO. If it is not resolved then the Head teacher can be contacted to resolve the issue.

If the complainant is still not satisfied then a formal complaint can be made to the Chair of the governing body. Initial complaints can be initiated by emailing the SENDCO Mrs Addison: or by making an appointment via the school office on 01388 603588. If the issue is not resolved, please email the Head Of School, at: The Chair of the governing body can also be contacted via the school office.

If the complaint is not resolved after it has been considered by the governing body, then the Chief Executive Officer of the Trust Jim Smith must be contacted at the Tudhoe Learning Trust

There are some circumstances, usually for children who have an Educational, Health and Care Plan, where there is a statutory right for parents to appeal against a decision of the Local Authority. Complaints that fall within this category cannot be investigated by the school.   Further information can be found in our School Complaints Policy which can be found in our School Policies section.

If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.